National government should:
- Include a requirement for the provision of high quality digital infrastructure – mobile and fixed – in all new developments in the forthcoming NPPF
- Review the Electronic Communications Code after 12 months and take action if it remains a barrier to new investment in digital infrastructure
- Devolve the Adult Education Budget to metro mayors as promised.
- Integrate plans for full fibre and 5G connectivity into any future public realm developments, considering how lampposts might be used
- Work together to share problems to improve procurement to reduce the costs and increase the diffusion of digital innovation across the public sector and from the private sector
- Work with business and take a leading role in Local Digital Skills Partnerships.