We are looking for a researcher who has got the skills to define and deliver research projects and has a curiosity and aptitude for data analysis. This is an opportunity to play a key role in one of the UK’s leading organisations dedicated to cities and urban policy.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative economic and policy research on cities in the UK according to the Centre’s research priorities.
- Conduct literature reviews, policy reviews and other background research as required by the team.
- Work with colleagues to maintain a network of contacts in cities, government, business and academic organisations
- Represent the Centre, as appropriate, at receptions, meetings and conferences.
- Input into fundraising activities, including preparation of proposals, meetings and presentations with potential partners and monitoring relationships and opportunities, as required.
- Undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the post as directed.
- Good general knowledge of and interest in UK urban economies and the related policy environment.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to understand data and draw out the key issues and apply them to the Centre’s research programme.
- Applied experience of using statistical packages, e.g. SPSS, STATA, ArcGIS, to undertake quantitative analysis.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Good first degree in economics or related subject that provides the experience and skills to carry out thorough research and policy thinking on urban policy, particularly related to the economic performance of cities.
The closing date for applications is Midnight on 7th November. The shortlisted applicants will need to be available for interview on w/c 12th November 2018.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please download the application form and send to email@example.com or by post to HR, Centre for Cities, 9 Holyrood London SE1 2EL. Please note we do not accept CV’s.