This is a fantastic opportunity for someone seeking a first step in the world of policy and research.
The postholder would gain in-depth experience of a range of research duties through supporting the Centre’s core research team. Specific tasks for interns include: qualitative and quantitative research on aspects of the economies of UK cities and towns and desk-based research into economic conditions, trends and strategies in a number of UK and international cities.
Job Duties/Key responsibilities:
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative research
- Conduct literature reviews, policy reviews and other background research as required by the team
- Support the Centre’s research programme and deliver small scale research projects as needed
- Provide administrative and research support as required, including arranging meetings, site visits and events
- Experience in managing and manipulating large data sets
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to understand a large body of literature, draw out the key issues and apply them to the Centre’s research programme
- The ability to work well in a team
- Economics or other related degree
- Knowledge of economic, social and/or public policy
- Knowledge of STATA and GIS software
- Knowledge of NOMIS and other government datasets